1. Find the shoulder strap that is closest to your body and place the baby on the other shoulder, facing you while always keeping one hand on baby.
2. Slide baby down into closest strap of the carrier.
3. Spread fabric over baby’s body, including its shoulders, back, and bottom.
4. Repeat on the other side so that baby is sitting in the crossed fabric, spread that fabric over baby’s body, including shoulders, back and bottom.
5. OPTIONAL: You may tuck baby’s head under one of the shoulder pieces for additional support.
6. Make sure that baby is supported from knee to knee, with baby’s knees positioned above its bottom.
7. Tighten the carrier equally starting with the side that is closest to your body by pulling on the free hanging tail. Repeat on opposite side. Baby should be close enough for wearer to kiss the top of baby’s head.
8. Carrier should be snug and support baby’s weight.
9. Find the seatbelt (separate piece of fabric), and position it as an added layer of protection over baby’s back and under their bottom. Tie in a secure knot at your back or hip.
10. You can tie the free hanging tails under baby’s bottom if desired.
11. Perform safety checks