MOBY Wrap - Hip Hold
Introduce when baby has excellent head and upper body control.
1. Wrap MOBY so the shoulder piece closest to your body is the side on which you will carry baby.
2. Shift the MOBY Wrap, so the fabric “X” is moved from your front to your side.
3. Place one of baby’s legs through the shoulder piece closest to your body, so the baby straddles your hip. Then spread the fabric over baby’s bottom and shoulder.
4. Fully spread the fabric over baby’s entire back and to the hollows of its knees.
5. Locate the logo on the seatbelt piece, and gently put both of baby’s legs through this section, and pull the fabric up over baby’s back and shoulders. Baby should be seated comfortably at your hip, with its shoulders secured by two layers of fabric.
Hip Hold Safety Checks
Once baby is in the MOBY Carrier, always perform your safety checks.
- Baby’s face should be visible, with chin is off their chest.
- The logo section (“seat belt”) must be pulled up over baby’s entire back and shoulders.
- Baby should be in a seated “M” position, with knees up above bottom. On holds where baby’s legs dangle, fabric must be spread to the hollows of baby’s knees.
- Baby should NOT be completely tucked within wrap.
- Baby’s face should NOT be pressed against the adult wearing the carrier.